On the Island by Tracey Garvis Graves

I didn't enjoy this book. Generally, I found it really boring and rather disturbing.

It's a story of a woman and a 16-year-old boy, who get stranded on a deserted island, where they spend three or four years before they get rescued. As you can imagine, not many things happen on a deserted island - today we ate a coconut, today we caught some fish, is anybody going to save us? - this kind of stuff. Really, really tiring to read for me. And, as we have a woman and a man - almost a man, let's be honest - there is a love story and that's what I found disturbing. He's just too young. And ok, I get it, there are just the two of them, the conditions are extreme and the boy is 18 before they have sex - still, I hated it. And I was not a fan of the part of the book after they were rescued, again, too long, boring, and people were really mean for one another.

Definitely not for me and I don't think I'll read this author in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Antigone in New York by Janusz Glowacki

weeks from 33 to 39

The end