Antigone in New York by Janusz Glowacki

It was horrible and great at the same time, I both hated and loved it, so I guess it did exactly what it was supposed to do. I didn't give it five stars, because, you know, I hated it - but it was really deeply moving.

Classical "Antigone" is generally a story of a girl, who is trying to bury her dead brother. This book tells a similar story: there is a group of homeless people in the park, a crazy woman and two men. One morning they find out, that their friend John died, so the woman decides that he should be buried in the park, next to his friends. 

I didn't like any of the characters in this play, I didn't like the story, I hated the ending - and still, I think it was a very good book, moving and thought-provoking, and I'm very happy that I decided to read it.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

weeks from 33 to 39

The end