weeks from 33 to 39

For the last seven weeks I couldn't write on my blog, but I'm happy to write, that I didn't forget about my reading challenge - I just need to write about all seven missing books in one post.

Week 33 was "a book from your childhood" and I chose "Giancarlo wkracza do akcji" by Giuliano Amici. I remember, that I used to love it when I was a child - unfortunately, it seems that you need to be a child to appreciate this book. I didn't enjoy it at all.

Week 34 was "a book that made you cry". I re-read "Cien ojca" by Jan Dobraczynski. I read it on a train and cried all the time - I'm sure I made the other passengers feel quite uncomfortable. The book was really beautiful and I enjoyed it immensly.

Week 35 was "a book you own but have never read". I decided to read (finally!) "Shalador's Lady" by Anne Bishop. This book has been waiting on my to-be-read shelf for almost ten years, because I was afraid I wouldn't like it. I'm glad to say, that I did like it very much, even though I have no intention to continue on with this series - I've heard Jeanelle dies there and that's not something I want to think about.

Week 36 was easy - "a book with nonhuman characters" - sometimes I think at least half of the books I read are fantasy or paranormal and they all have nonhuman characters. I chose "Shadows" by Suzanne Wright, it's a series about demons and there are no humans whatsoever. I love this series and I enjoyed this book very much.

Week 37 was "a book with a number in the title" and I chose "Siedem spodnic Alicji" by Joanna Jurgala-Jureczka. I've met the author and I liked her - unfortunately, I liked the author more, than I did her book. It was not horrible, just not very inspiring and I didn't have fun.

Week 38 was "a memoir" and I decided to cheat a bit - I didn't really read a memoir, because the only book I had with me at least similar to a memoir was "Kallas" by Marcin Szczygielski - it's a play, but it's about real singers, so for me it counts. I loved this book and I'm going to read more plays by this author soon.

And finally week 39 - "a mystery or thriller"; and that's exactly when I got my copy of "Connections in Death" by J.D. Robb - what else could I chose? I love this author; this book - not so much, it was not as exciting, as some other books in the series, but it was still great! I already can't wait the next installment in the series!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Antigone in New York by Janusz Glowacki

The end