Brave New World by Aldous Huxley

I'm so happy that I decided to read this book, because it was simply incredible! I still can't believe it was written in 1930, because it is extremely modern; it describes the world that doesn't exist yet, but we may almost see it.

I really enjoyed the first part of the book, Bernard and Lenina and their almost love story were great - but I have to admit that I was not a huge fan of John the Savage. We saw London and the new society through his eyes, but John is like us, so it seemed a bit boring. I don't know what to think about the ending, I have a few theories what the author wanted to show us, but I'm not sure. I would be much happier if it ended on the discussion between John and Mustafa. 

I loved this book, it really made me think. In my opinion everybody should read it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Antigone in New York by Janusz Glowacki

weeks from 33 to 39

The end