Ein Landaufenthalt von Onkel Titus by Johanna Spyri

I was bored to tears. 

It's a story of a girl called Dora, whose father dies and she must live with her aunt and uncle. They are quite old, insensible and selfish and poor Dora almost dies under their care. Luckily for her, they need to go to Switzerland and Dora's life gets much better.

The main problem I had with this book was Dora herself - she was so quiet, obedient and completely uninteresting! I'm sorry to say that, but I didn't care about her at all. The other children in the book were quite irritating, especially this boy who kept creating riddles, I forgot his name already, but I really wanted to throw something heavy at him once or twice. The ending seemed very false and unreal for me and I generally didn't enjoy this book much. 

I can't recommend this book and I'm not going to read it ever again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Antigone in New York by Janusz Glowacki

weeks from 33 to 39

The end