Stone Guardian by Maeve Greyson

I was bored half to tears with this book. There were so many interesting things - gods and spirits, demons, magic - and yet it was one of the most uninspiring books I've ever read. 

Torin is a great warrior from the past and Emma is a modern doctor, who came to Scotland to create a new clinic for children. Their task is to defeat a horrible monster from the other world, a demon called Arach. Emma doesn't believe in magic and she is quite shocked when she finds out about her destiny, but she soon learns a lot about her own powers.

As I said, I found the book extremely boring - to the point that I had to make myself read the next chapter. Emma was stubborn, her reactions were strange and quite illogical for me. Torin was better, he didn't annoy me much - I felt quite sorry for him; I can imagine how scary and tiring it must be to live in the 21st century for a person from the past. I hated the Arach's parts, definitely too many descriptions of roasted human bodies for me there. I think the ending was too quick and abrupt.

I didn't enjoy this book and I'm not going to read any other books by this author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Antigone in New York by Janusz Glowacki

weeks from 33 to 39

The end