Immer derselbe Schnee und immer derselbe Onkel by Herta Muller

I'm so glad I decided to read this book! Not only was it engaging and really informative, but also so well-written, that reading it was a real treat.

I especially liked the first part of the book, where the author wrote about her early life in Romania - by the way, after reading this book that country seems an extremely scary place I'd never want to visit. The second part, where she writes about other people, was less interesting for me and I did not enjoy it as much as the first part. I was afraid this book would be very sad and depressing - it was sad and scary and difficult to accept, but I couldn't stop reading it.

I think Herta Muller is an extremely talented author and this book was fascinating.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Antigone in New York by Janusz Glowacki

weeks from 33 to 39

The end