Miss Buncle's Book by D. E. Stevenson

I'm so happy that I decided to read this book! There is everything I love in this book - it's charming, witty, kind, the characters are interesting and it was fun to read.

It's a story of a woman who desperately needs money so she decides to write a book, and because she has absolutely no imagination, she simply describes her friends and neighbours. Unfortunately, the book becomes a bestseller and people recognise themselves and, let me tell you, they are definitely not happy about the things they read about themselves. 

I really liked the doctor's wife, she was so real and nice. The vicar was a wonderful character, full of ideals and very naive. The negative characters seemed a bit too strong for me, a bit too farcical, but I enjoyed them anyway.

It was one of the best books I've read in years and I'm really glad I've finally decided to read it :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Antigone in New York by Janusz Glowacki

weeks from 33 to 39

The end