The Guardians Trilogy by Nora Roberts

I finished reading this trilogy yesterday and I'm very happy that I can say I enjoyed it very much! 

It was a fantasy story set on three islands: Capri, Corfu and Ireland. Six main characters, all unique and with special powers, go on a quest to get three stars, defeat a mad goddess and safe the world. It was exactly as unrealictic and predictable as it sounds - and still, I had great fun reading it.

My favourite was the second book, Bay of Sighs. Not only I really liked Annika - she was so sweet and charming, a real pleasure to read about - but also the story was exciting and emotional and I simply couldn't stop reading! The least interesting for me was the last book, Island of Glass - I struggled a bit at the end, but I managed to finish it. I didn't see the point of many of the scenes and the ending was too fairytale-like for me. I liked the first part, Stars of Fortune, I enjoyed the story, but I wasn't a huge fan of the main heroine, she seemed very passive and boring at first. Luckily, she got better.

I'm very happy that I liked this trilogy, I was afraid I wouldn't. Now I can't wait to read the next one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Antigone in New York by Janusz Glowacki

weeks from 33 to 39

The end