Written in Red by Anne Bishop

I'm so happy, that I decided to start with this book, because it was just great! I simply flew through it, although it was not a short book - 496 pages. I love Anne Bishop's writing style, so I knew I was going to enjoy the language of the book, I just wasn't sure if I would like the plot. And I did! It was a great story.

Meg is hiding from the people trying to hunt her and she hides among the Others. The Others usually don't like humans, but they discover, that Meg is unique - a blood prophet, who can see the future - and they decide to keep her.

I especially liked, that the Others were so not human. Usually a werewolf or a vampire is just a man who has some special abilities - well, the Others were not human at all and we kept getting really bloody and horrible moments, like eating a living person or burning somebody's hands. I don't like horrors, but Anne Bishop can write so well, that I enjoyed this book despite those moments.

Meg was so sweet and good and I really like her. The wolves were moody and angry all the time - I wasn't the biggest fan, especially of Elliot. I loved Tess, she was really original and scary. I don't understand why Monty from the police got so much interest in this book, because he did more or less nothing, but maybe he's going to be important later. Generally, the characters were well developed and interesting.

What I found annoying was the so-called villain - Asia Crane was so stupid, greedy and irritating, that I kept thinking why Simon simply didn't eat her. The Others are so powerful and strong, yet one stupid Asia managed to cause the death of two of them? I didn't like that.

The second problem I had was how little humans and the Others knew about each other. They lived together for hundreds of years and they behave as if they just met. It was strange.

Anyway, the book was great, I loved it and I will definitely read the second book in this series soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Antigone in New York by Janusz Glowacki

weeks from 33 to 39

The end